February 12, 2014

Gem Shows Shutting down

This is this year's Gem Show treat for myself.... and it's not beads.
The parking lots are almost empty -- posted Motel prices are about half of what they were last week -- Big shrink wrapped pallets of things are sitting waiting for a truck. -- trucks are being loaded up .... it's time for Tucson to return to a semi-sleepy, Southwestern existence.

I stopped by the Pueblo show today while I was out and found a bargain.  I'd been admiring the Crinoid fossils since I saw the first huge panel of them 3 years ago.  At that point they were too big (5' tall) and out of my price range ($900 - $1,000).  This vendor was packing up and offered me half price, I countered and got it for 1/4 the marked price.  It's beautiful and quite detailed. Now to find a place in my little adobe to put it.  The colors will go quite well on a wall here.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS, that is a gorgeous fossil! Beautiful find
    Just found your blog through your website. Love your work; such talent! So much information, books, and the DVD to consider :) I envy you wintering in AZ. We used to live there and will return someday. We're your 'summertime' neighbors to the east in Maine at present.
    Enjoy and I'll be sure to visit your sites often.
    Thank you,
    Lois D

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete