March 13, 2012

Magnetic?

 I finally finished my third Urban Stripes Necklace.  I had run out of the gray background beads and really didn't want to purchase any more.  After doing two long necklaces I was tired of looking at them.  Since this was shorter than the other two, I had this hardware idea in my head for a join. It just took me five months to find the large ball chain and bell ends in nickel to coordinate with the nickel beads in the other two necklaces.

I was finishing things up this afternoon and bumped into my resin magnetic clasp prototypes on the work table.  So then I had to try and see if there was a way to make one bell function as a hidden magnetic clasp. I seem have magnets on the mind these days.
It's a semi-successful idea.  I need to see if I can close the gap on the bell so the joins inside don't show up quite as much.

I like the end look and it all furthers the Urban theme of the pattern set.  You can find a copy of the eBook at Bead-Patterns if you'd like to make your own set.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Judith, I wouldn't do anything to that bell end and a magnetic piece. It is just perfect as it is to say 'urban' modern. Perfect! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:51 AM

    Judith, This is fantastic! Love the Ball & Chain magnetic closure.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete