November 6, 2010

Heading West

It's time to pack up the car and head to Tombstone AZ for the winter. It's getting so we've less and less light and lots colder temps here in NH. Gray, overcast, wintry-like days just give me the shivers. Tomorrow I'll start cleaning the studio and packing the beads into their travel bags.


This week I'll be putting the house into cold storage mode and hope to be on the road by next weekend. It takes longer to shut the NH house down for the winter than it does shutting the AZ house up for the summer. So many little details of things that might freeze.


We're going to try again to do the Chesapeake bay bridge and hope that nasty weather doesn't shut us out of that route like it did last year. Then we'll do a swing through the Carolina's. Georgia, Alabama and visit friends in Memphis. From there we'll head mostly west to Arizona. I've never visited some of the Eastern seaboard, so it'll be a good change of route.

This was my NH yard in 1997 and I'm getting too old to navigate in these conditions any more.
.
.
.
.
This blog will probably lie dormant for the next month, but I'll post travel updates to FaceBook as I progress across country.

1 comment:

  1. I will be watching for fb updates as you travel.
    Be safe! Wish I was heading west with you.

    ReplyDelete