October 11, 2010

Milestone - Book 3

Triangular Bead Crochet Ropes
A pattern book of 3-Dimensional ropes



The Summer's work is almost done. I printed myself a proof copy last night, only to run out of blue printer ink. It looks funny in shades of rosy pinks. But, it's ready to pass off to my layout/stylist graphic artist to tweak it into final shape. I need to re-shoot 2 photos that I'm not happy with, but it will go into the mail tomorrow. And then I wait for the final results.

November 15th is still a good date for the release of the e-book copy. When I get to Arizona, I'll work with Amazon's "print-on-demand" vendor to have a printed copy sometime in January 2011.


The book will have 28 pages of theory, designs, patterns and photos of beadwork. Intermediate and advanced bead crocheters will have something new to create with. I enjoy giving the community something different and can't wait to see what they do with this process.


I've had some fantastic help doing this book:
Mary Anne Weeks Mayo, picky good editor
Jessica Giffin, graphic stylist and layout artist
Bead fairies:
Crystal Fox, Elisa Gnatt, Bea Kimball, Jen Kubeck, Kim Latona, Linda Miller

Also Ken Campbell, Bev Herman and Mel Simmonds, who helped me keep my sanity and critiqued where I had doubts of making sense.

It's a book, and I think it's a good one.
Now I sit and wait. That's a very hard thing to do sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment