September 30, 2010

Not very Interesting

I went to the Bay of Fundy to see this; a Tidal Bore. Not exactly what I had envisioned when I was about 12 years old. I guess my younger self thought it would be more of a wall of water rushing along. OK, I waited 54 years to see the ocean run upstream in the Bay of Fundy. I can cross it off of my life list of things to see and do!



The fossil beaches in the Joggins area of Nova Scotia were quite interesting and I could have spent many more hours combing the beaches for interesting tidbits.



We had to watch the tides as there is about a 30 ft difference between high tide and low tide. If not careful, you could find yourself all the way around the bank to the right with no way to get back without swimming.


Here's a record of what was growing many years ago in the dawn of time. Beautiful fossil patterns in the shale.






Like sea glass, these pieces of coal have been washed, smoothed and rounded by the water and tide action. I thought they might make a different and interesting pendant with a beaded bezel. I need to figure out if they would be hard enough to withstand the wear.






Not everyone is interested in the flotsam that washes up. I am and came home with rocks, rusted iron and pieces of driftwood. I guess if I ever find them in the way I can burn them for a bit of warmth.

I like what NanC Meinhardt does with sticks and beads. I may well try my hand at some freeform beading around one of these pieces of driftwood.



I could show you many more photos of water and scenery, but it
was my vacation and I hate to bore people with loads of vacation photos. I'll leave you with one beautiful touch of color on a very gray day. Nice wooden chairs, painted great colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment