August 4, 2010

Some Things Growing

Some weeks it seems like nothing gets done. However, when I was doing a bit of cleaning on my beading table, I realized that I had a lot of things that were growing and getting closer to being done. I get impatient and can see what the end product looks like. In my mind, that is enough for it to be done, finished, completed, fini.....
.
.
I just strung the last piece of my NanC Meinhardt bead-crochet necklace. All of the other parts are done. Now I just need travel time to do the crocheting. This is a necklace that grew out of the Workshop I took and really isn't at the top of any list. That makes it a car project, to be crocheted when the Interstate gets boring.




eBook.....
I'm at the half way mark on this eBook. I had three ideas in mind for the next eBook and had been scatter-shooting (is that a real term?) at pulling things together. A couple of weeks ago I stepped back and evaluated what I had. Triangular Ropes had more than enough material to make an eBook. It could be done in a relatively short time and I didn't need to keep worrying about getting samples done of ideas that were not yet completely formulated. What an Aha moment..... So, this too is slowly growing.
.
.
My collection of stuff....
....that never seems to stop getting larger. I was out 'n about and found these great dyed bone disks at an Antique store. No idea what they are supposed to be or used for, but they had such a charm that they are now hanging on my bulletin board. They could be part of a piece of jewelery someday, but for the moment I'm enjoying looking at them hanging there.
.
.
And these great French enameled numbers..... I couldn't resist seeing them as a part of a SteamPunk piece or center of a bead embroidered pendant. Who wouldn't want to announce that they are 39 forever?
.
When does one hit the wall with collecting things just because they might be used somewhere, some day?
.
Garden .....
Finally, something that grows all on it's own, that is if I remember to keep them watered in this hot dry spell.

My Limelight hydrangea is planted and settling in. I hope to live long enough to see it as tall as the older hydrangea trees I saw blooming all over yesterday. It should be 10' to 12' tall and about 8' around one of these days.
.
.
.
Seems funny to be growing Pobalano hot peppers here in NH when I can drive through Hatch NM and buy dried, ground ones on my travels. A local gardening friend gave us a couple of plants and I've already picked one ripe pepper. Haven't tasted it to see just how hot it might be. I do need to make Mexican Marmalade (hot pepper jelly) later this summer so these might work well there.
.
.
So, I guess when you step back and look at the forest rather than tangle with the individual trees, progress is happening. Just slower than I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment