October 15, 2009

Still working on House


Kitchen is coming together, but I'm getting tired of the 3 coats of white semi-gloss it takes to cover the old dark faux wood paneling. With the days getting shorter I can see the colors are working they way I wanted them to. The lower cabinets that my friend built are going to be great. The best thing is that they are designed for the way we live and cook. After all, who else has over 100 tin pie plates and a collection of cast iron bake ware?
.
.
.
Replacement windows have a much larger frame than the old wood ones. I was going to do the trim in white, but decided that was just way to big a square block of white. Besides, the total depth in this house is very shallow and it just wouldn't work. So I went and bought a light gray trim paint.
However, now when the sun goes down I'm finding that I can't tell the difference between the light gray trim color and the white primer. I come in the next day and find all sorts of holidays in what I thought was perfectly painted gray trim!


Yea! ...we may have a working shower by the weekend.
.
So, the house is moving along, but very slowly. I've come to the realization that it isn't going to get done before snow flies & time to go to AZ.
.
.
Now it's triage and plan the minimum to get done so we can move stuff in, shut it up and hit the road West. This year we're going to treat ourselves and take a southern route. New Orleans is looking very good as a stop over point.


No comments:

Post a Comment