September 2, 2009

Elm Ave Update

I'm beginning to believe that this house is water witched.

The original drain system didn't leave us high and dry... one big rain and we had damp basement walls again. So back came the guys with the big equipment. They cut a hole in the floor and found lots of clay under the foundation. We now have another drain line and I have more lawn to rake out and get grass to grow. At least we're mainly in a sand hill and it's not hard digging.



.
.
.
.
.
.
Something is moving forward. My son does great work. Both in taking things apart and putting them back together. What to do with a chimney foundation that could possibly still leak? Build a garden implement shed! Brilliant - it puts a roof over the old foundation and gives me a place to hang up my shovels. We'll also be replacing the nasty old composition siding with cedar shakes. At least this small part this year.
.
.
Not too much inside progress as a month of keeping up with the ditch diggers, moving plants, putting them back, raking out yards of soil and re-planting grass has taken up a lot of time.
.
Time is getting short if we're to get moved in before snow and time to leave for AZ. I'm also ready to get back to beading and the respite has left me ready to start creating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment