April 26, 2009

Spring colors in the Desert

The Nopal, prickly pear cactus are blooming in colors that seem so bright amidst all of the dusty Arizona landscape. I was playing with a Color Schemer to extract some colors from my photo for possible beading projects.
.

.


I clipped small portions of the photo and uploaded them to Color Hunter. By selecting different areas of a photo you will get slightly different color choices, but they all seem to be of the whole cloth.
.




.
You can also toggle between muted and vibrant as I did in the first two examples.





Those of you who know me will see some of my favorite colors in this last example. It's a fun way to see some color combinations that might not occur to me otherwise. How do you pick colors for a project?
.
.
Time to Hit the Road East
Most of the beads are sorted out and packed in the trailer. I'm getting the house cleaned up, last of the laundry done and tomorrow the car will get packed ..... then we will be on the road for New Hampshire for the Summer. It'll be a quick trip, but I'm sure there will be at least one side trip (or two). I'll try and post a photo now and again if I see something interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment