December 24, 2008

Season's Greetings

It's taken 2 weeks for the quail to figure out that I'm back and they can get water and a meal in my side yard. I counted 18 in the herd this afternoon and enjoyed watching their antics.




I've been in touch with friends and family in New Hampshire and followed the news about ice and snow. Seems they are well on their way to setting, or at least matching weather records. I feel fortunate to have escaped NH's wintry weather and am still wearing my flip-flops.


Tombstone has been chilly, but not downright cold! The house has been mostly put back together and project plans for the winter formulated. I've not gotten any any beading done, but have been working on mental beading with my programmer partner. Since he has learned to bead crochet, he's made me see things about the technique that I never thought to know.

.
The pies and Christmas cake are made, the roast beast is in the fridge and all is ready to go out to my Sister's place in Gleeson tomorrow to share the holiday meal. Only in my family would there be plans to spend part of the day admiring an 1880's jail restoration project and climbing around a sheet metal junkyard.

I'd like to take this time to wish all of you
The very best for this
Holiday Season
and
a great New Year

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays out there! Fingers crossed, the weather is looking up for a couple of days now.

    Bill and I are going to buy dinner at a Chinese restaurant for Anne and her husband tomorrow. He just lost his job. We're all in a sucky position, but at least Bill and I have had a little time to adjust to our situation. This just happened for them. Hoping that dinner will be a moment of peace and joy before the world restarts on Friday.

    We're picking up our next foster on Friday, another mom rat. And maybe babies, they're due to pop any minute. Or she could hold off and they'll arrive on the way home. No telling!

    Exploring the jail restoration and the junkyard sound like fun!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete