July 24, 2008

Picasa Scans - Copyright Violations

Mary Tafoya has again voiced comments and pointed out more instances of Picasa copyright violations. She has a poll that you should take the time to go take. It won't do anything, but made me feel better.

I did a search and came up with 5 instances of my books being scanned into various public albums. It takes a lot of time to report copyright violations to Picasa as you have to document, in writing, each and every page. So, five instances times 20 pages = 100 documents. When I first ran across this I took the time to do just that. One album was removed..... one out of 8 instances at that time. I wish I had the time to continue reporting copyright violations, but I'd rather be beading. It is like rowing against the current as more pop up as soon as a few come down. I do take the time to make a comment (if activated) and report it as inappropriate content.

One nice surprise was finding Andrea's album of beadwork and my name as credit for patterns. She does very nice work.

nuff said!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:03 AM

    That's bad. But wait till they use your patterns, tippex out your name and write theirs in and then when the lady couldn't help the beaders gave, them my phone number to help them.

    ReplyDelete