September 4, 2007

Bead Journal - July

July's Bead Journal Page is Done!

Celebrate Summer" is finally done, except for the backing. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to mount all 12 pieces. Until I figure that out I can't add the printed "ATC" cards to the back and edge the pieces.


July's significance is twofold... One being the bugs (pretty & annoying) that Summer brings to the North East. The second was a case of hives that started out with me thinking "bugs" - bedbugs, fleas or some other small biting insects having breakfast on my body.

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and like the simplicity of the piece compared to the abundance of beads in June's page. It was hard to leave the metallic background showing and not bead very inch of it. The dangle on this one is a chain with flower beads. I did wire wrapped bead charms with a mix of glass flowers and leaves.

To follow the course of just my Bead Journal Pages use the label "bead journal".

3 comments:

  1. I like all three of your pages. That was such a good idea for your embers and your bug is fantastic. Glad you are enjoying your vintage Knight. We all get a bit tarnished if we do any amount of real living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bug is ever so much more beautiful and friendly than those I remember from my summers growing up in the East. I like the spray of wire wrapped flower beads trailing from it, too!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, KV's right about your bug. I love the way the upper body appears to be raised and the whole thing has dimension. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete