July 19, 2006

Staying cool - NH Snowflower bracelet

New Hampshire has been in the midst of a heat wave. Hot muggy days with temps in the high 90's and overly high humidity. To mentally stay cool I've been working with cool white beads. I have a white project on the bead crochet hook and gave my brain a rest with a freeform peyote bracelet.

NH Snowflower Bracelet
The bracelet that I just finished is part of a series - I guess when you make more than one and have plans for more - it's a series! The first one I did was the Nopal Bracelet . Now I just have to decide what the next flower should be. I have lots of photos that I've taken of flowers during my travels. Maybe a peony in pale pinks with dark green leaf side bands?





Some of my beading friends laugh at me as I like to bead late into the night, in bed, while listening to the radio. Thank heavens I found a beading tray with a small lip around the edges. It keeps the beads on the board and me from waking up with random beads stuck to my anatomy in the morning.

Where do you like to bead that might be considered an unusual place?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I'm a bed person too when it comes to beading. Also like to surf the net in bed with my laptop. Nice to know that I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete